FSSAI Central Licensing covers the food catering services operating from Indian Railways as per the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) regulations, 2011.
In 2018, passengers of Puri-Howrah Shatabdi Express complained about ailments regarding the food served on the train. 14 days later, FSSAI along with Indian Railways decided to take necessary actions to implement regulations for food catering services in the Indian Railways.
Why FSSAI is mandatory for Railway Catering Vendors?
FSSAI Registration is required for all the food vendors especially petty businesses such as hawkers, retailers and temporary food stall owners. This license is mandatory for those small scale business operators and catering services with an annual turnover of fewer than 12 lakhs.
Who can apply for FSSAI license to serve food on Indian Railway?
- Caterers- With a turnover of up to 12 lakhs per year or more than that.
- Restaurants- With a turnover of up to 12 lakhs per year or more than that.
- Clubs and Canteen- Turnover of up to or more than 12 lakhs/year.
- Dhabas and boarding houses that serve food, banquet halls catering food items, permanent or temporary food stalls, home-based canteens, stalls that serve food at a public gathering, fish and meat sellers, poultry with a turnover of up to 12 lakhs or more than that.
- Petty retailers like hawkers, tea sellers and mobile food vendors.
Documents required for FSSAI Registration
The following documents are required to be submitted for a permit to serve food at the Indian Railway:
- Form-B duly filled up and signed by the authorized person, proprietor or partner.
- Blueprint of the processing unit which demonstrates the measurements in meters or square meters and activity-wise region allotment. It is required for manufacturing and processing units.
- List of the Proprietors or Directors or Partners associated with trust or society with the complete address and contact details. It is a compulsory requirement for companies.
- List of supplies and machines along with the utilized horsepower, number and capacity. This is obligatory for the manufacturing and processing units.
- Photo ID and address proof issued by the government for approved signatory.
- List of the food items to be produced by the manufacturers.
- Authority letter along with the name and address of the responsible person selected by the manufacturer. Also, an alternative person, his power of helping the officials with inspection, sample collection, packing and dispatch.
- The analysis report of water that will be utilized to preparing food from the acknowledged health lab to confirm the portability and it is essential for manufacturing and processing units.
- Partnership deed or Proprietorship Affidavit or memorandum and other articles associated with the organization’s information.
- Proof of business premises like rent agreement or electricity bill etc.
- In case of a Cooperative, copy of certificate acquired under the Coop Act.
- For re-labellers and re-packers, NOC of the producer.
- Source of raw materials for meat processing units.
- If needed, Recall Plan.
- If a company is manufacturing packaged water, mineral water etc, pesticide residue report is necessary.
- Certificate from the tourism department which is needed for hotels.
- NOC from District Municipal Board.
- Turnover documents or self-declaration regarding vehicles’ number in case of transporters.
- In the case of Delhi and Himachal Pradesh, declaration form needs to be submitted.
How can Online Legal India™ help you?
Our expert team of highly qualified CA/CS will assist you through the rest of the process for FSSAI Licence and FSSAI Registration. To know more about FLRS contact our in house experts. Already gratified with 1,20,000+ satisfied clients from every nook and corner of the country, as we work until your contentment.