Food business operators who Export Oriented Units, large manufacturers, importers, food business operators in Central Government Agencies, airport, seaport, etc., need to obtain FSSAI Central License from the central government.
FSSAI Food Business Central License
Businesses having an annual turnover above 20 crores can apply for FSSAI central license. It is eligible for Food Business Operators like Importers, Manufacturers, operators in central government, Railways, airports, seaports, etc. need to take a Central FSSAI license from the Food Standards and Safety Authority of India.
FSSAI Registration for Food Businesses can be obtained through the FSSAI Food Licensing & Registration System. FSSAI License for Food business falls under two categories:
- State License
- Central License
Documents Required for Obtaining Central FSSAI License
- Form B duly completed and signed
- Plan of the processing unit showing along with the dimensions and operation-wise area allocation
- List of Directors/ Partners/ Proprietor with address, contact details, and photo ID
- Name and list of equipment and machinery used with the number and installed capacity
- List of food category to be manufactured
- Authority letter from manufacturer nominated a responsible person name and address
- Analysis report of water to be used in the process to confirm the portability
- The source of raw material for milk, meat, raw vegetables etc
- Recall plan wherever applicable
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU
- NOC/PA document issued by FSSAI
- IE Code document issued by DGFT
- Form IX
- Certificate from Ministry of Tourism
- Proof of possession of premises
- Partnership deed/ affidavit of proprietorship
- NOC and copy of License from the manufacturer
- Food safety management system plan or certificate
- NOC from the municipality or local body
- Supporting document for proof of turnover and transportation
- Declaration form
Procedure for FSSAI Food Business Central License
- Application Form-B according to the guidelines as prescribed by FSSAI. It must be taken care that every data provided must be correct, appropriate and authentic.
- Focus that the general names must be mentioned for the products and not the brand names.
- All the products as specified in the license must be certified as per the FSSAI Act, 2006.
- At last, you will be questioned for how many years you want to apply for Central License. You have to pick the appropriate period for which you wish to take the license. ( between 1-5 year)
- Post-filing the form, the prescribed fees have to pay either by an online portal or by submitting the demand draft at the FSSAI state office.
- Your license will be delivered in 25-30 days by post.
How can we help you?
Online Legal India™ can help you get your FSSAI Food Business Central License online. We have the best minds who are an expert in their own field who will guide you accordingly and in a very short time, you would have your FSSAI Food Business Central License Online.